Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ed's on top and Lottery Luck


Well, if you live in Alberta you've got a reaffirmed provincial leader with a 77% approval rating by his party, the sun is still shining even if it's a little cooler, and, none of us won the $50 Million draw over last weekend. There's always next week.

Can you imagine winning that kind of money? I've been writing a list of things I'd do and I haven't even worked through the first 6 or 7 Million. I've got most of the bills paid off, the kids looked after, a nice house for the missus and me, a nice vehicle to travel in and a few really good causes looked after. Now what? Buy an island somewhere? I'm not sure. The isolation would get to me after awhile and I'd have to invite some friends over for a get together. Then, just like that kid on TV the party would get out of hand, the money would run out and I'd have to start buying tickets again.

In any case, congratulations go out to Marie and Kirby Fontaine of Manitoba. They live on the Skagkeeng First nations where Kirby was a Constable until he had a stroke about a year ago. The money will definitely come in handy for sure. It will be quite exciting for a while but eventually they will have to make decisions about staying or leaving, who they should help and what to do with all that money. I think I'd be able to handle it but you never know. They say money does strange things to people especially large amounts like this. I'd probably just go get some new hair. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment